At Khans Solicitors, we want to avoid hidden fees and unexpected costs. We’ll always discuss with you your requirement before starting so you know exactly what you’ll be paying and what services you’ll receive.
I have inherited a property with a sitting tenant. Can I evict them?
Unfortunately, there isn’t a definite yes or no answer. The answer depends on various factors such as:
- Are the tenants protected in the will of the deceased person?
- Does the will say anything about the occupation of the property?
- Are the tenants protected under the RentAct?
- Are the tenants otherwise protected under the Housing Act, or under the terms of a licence that permit them to reside at the property?
- Why do you want to evict the tenants, e.g. do you want to claim personal use of the property?
Our solicitors can help you to establish your full legal position. Call us now on freephone 020 8553 5995.